Re: Who edits my ifcfg-eth0 ?

Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> But before we diagnose the problem, we need to know exactly what fields
> are being reset.

The lines ESSID=... and KEY=... are removed,
which naturally prevents WiFi connection.

I don't see how any program (or programmer)
could think this would increase my chances of connecting.

What is possibly unusual about my setup
is that I have two Access Points, with different ESSIDs,
which are described in ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366