Graphic card

spmirowski spmirowski at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 21 07:19:40 UTC 2007

> From: Tanguy Eric <eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr>
>

> I will change my actual graphic card (GeForce4 MXIntegrated GPU with 128
> Mo) with a new one in AGP.
> I have the choice between : Twintech GeForce 6200 256 Mo (bus 64 bits in
> AGP) and Club 3D Radeon® 9600 256 Mo (9600 Pro bus 128 bits).
> I would like to have informations about the performances of these 2
> cards and how they install fine in FC6 with closed source driver.
>
> Please help me to make a choice.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric
Here's a site I have been using a bit lately to compare cards:
http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htm

The ATi Radeon has slightly better bandwidth, however the nVIDIA card
supports Pixel Shader 3.0.  I suppose it might be a tough decision
depending on what want to do with it.  Both have video drivers available
for the respective companies.

For performance reviews, you might find some Windows based charts @
tomshardware.com and for Linux @ phoronix.com.

Stephen Mirowski