view function of Bind 9

edwardspl at ita.org.mo edwardspl at ita.org.mo
Wed Feb 21 13:51:02 UTC 2007

Steffen Kluge wrote:

> Sorry for the goof earlier on...
>
> On 21/02/2007, at 8:35 PM, edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
>
>> If the client machine using IP ( 192.168.1.0 / 24, IP range from the
>> NAT service of a Server machine ) and the server machine using IP (
>> 192.168.0.1 / 24 ), then, it need to be configed by using view
>> function ?
>

> You use views to present different versions of your zones to different
> sets of clients (such as internal vs external clients). You don't need
> them if you want to give all clients the same information. Views have
> nothing to do with NAT (other than certain sets of client machines
> could be recognised by their NATted addresses).
>
> Cheers
> Steffen.

Hello Steffen,

Sorry, I don't quite understanding your means...
Actually, I needn't to config the bind ( named.conf ) with view function ?

PS: Due to the security and no more public IP ( Only a IP / Gateway from
ISP )....so I need to assign the Private IPs for Server machines,
finally transate Private IP to Public IP by Firewall tools ( iptable ) !

Edward.