Re: ESR: Goodbye Fedora

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 09:59:03 AM +1000, Res (res ausics net) wrote:

> Maybe :), but he has a couple things I agree with, RH/Fedora is losing
> ground on desktop share, because people want things to just work,

"things to just work" and "bleeding edge by design" just cannot mix,
regardless of what one thinks of supporting proprietary codecs or not,
can they?

In this sense yes, Fedora is not, can not, and does not want to be the first
distribution for Windows refugees.

> Secondly, the version upgrade is messy

This I cannot comment on. I've always installed each version from
scratch, because of all the horror upgrade stories I've been reading
(for any distro...) since the 90's...

	Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73