Microsoft Courts Red Hat

lostson lostson at lostsonsvault.org
Thu Feb 22 01:46:39 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 11:41:15 am taharka wrote:
> Microsoft courts Red Hat
>
> Quest to improve Windows/Linux interoperability continues
> Tom Sanders in California, vnunet.com 19 Feb 2007
>
> Microsoft is to form a partnership with Red Hat to improve the
> interoperability of Windows and Linux, according to Tom Robertson,
> Microsoft's general manager of interoperability and standards.
>
> Full article at;
> http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2183540/microsoft-courts-red-hat
>
> taharka
>
> Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

 I would firmly doubt that RH would make a deal of such a nature with
Microsoft, but I can always be wrong. I was using suse and Fedora at the time
the Novell deal was announced. I quickly dropped suse and will do the same if
such a deal would occur. I cannot see any positive effects on Fedora which is
my current distro of choice. I know people always talk about Debian's
politics and how they can be eccentric about applications being free and all
but I may end up going back this way if need be. In my opinion it would be a
shame for RH to get into bed with microsoft but again I am not lawyer or
company president so my two cents does not mean squat, but I hope for the
best Fedora is fast becoming the leader in open source distro's and is moving
in the right direction. I can only hope it stays this way. I find it hard to
believe that RH would need extra revenue or some kind of deal with microsoft
to increase its profits.

--
LostSon

http://www.lostsonsvault.org