Eclipse running out of memory, or..?

I have a problem that I've tried to figure out, but without much progress.

I run Fedora Eclipse with an UML plugin. Very often Eclipse seems to be stuck in some sort of loop where the java VM is using appr. 50% CPU (dual core = 100% of one core?). The result is that Eclipse shuts down after a few minutes. (This happens with ArgoEclipse and Omondo EclipseUML Community Edition)

I have found some advice suggesting I should try to increase the VM's memory, but they use flags with the java... command used to run the normal Eclipse. I have not figured out how to do this with Fedora Eclipse.

FC6 x86_64, SunJDK 1.5

I'll be greatful for some pointers...
Frode Petersen