ESR: Goodbye Fedora

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Thu Feb 22 17:21:41 UTC 2007

Today Les did spake thusly:

> On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 17:47 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
> SNIP!
>> Does anyone here think that any of Mr. Raymond's suggestions have any
>> merit? Or shall we write this off to sour grapes?
>>
>> Temlakos
>>
> I have to agree on one point, that user type workstation support is a
> bit lacking.  What I want is a series of systems that support the web,
> allow me to get the content on my machine and use it, not Microsoft, and
> be simple to maintain after install, reasonably supported without a lot
> of bit bashing type read, do, reread, redo, and twiddle until it works.
>
> Yes, Fedora is "cutting edge", but still, the workstation portion needs
> to be reliable, usable, and comprehensive to support additional
> development.  It must be the spring board if Fedora is to be a good
> solid, usable platform for that cutting edge development.

Tis the one thing I miss about Debian. The abiliy to have a stable channel
that only receives security updates as well as a testing channel for
everything fun

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

TOO BAD YOU CAN'T BUY a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin
real fast and freak everybody out.
 		-- Jack Handley, The New Mexican, 1988.