ESR: Goodbye Fedora

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Feb 23 17:51:57 UTC 2007

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 02:52:30 +1100,
  Steffen Kluge <kluge at dotnet.org> wrote:

> Firstly, I replaced my firewall and Internet exposed servers with
> OpenBSD boxes a couple of years ago. The OpenBSD camp are stuck-up
> and hostile bunch, but with the sheer number of security patches my
> Linux boxes required on a regular basis I just didn't feel
> comfortable anymore to put them in the first line.

Most of the security issues are with applications. The main security
advantage of openbsd is that almost everything is turned off by default.

They are doing some important work that affects Linux in trying to get
more open hardware. Plus they support openssh. Theo made my donation list
this past year even though I don't run any openbsd systems.