Re: Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects

Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 15:54 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
>> With Fedora, you can get a complete word-processing suite (though why
>> they disabled the Replacement list in AutoCorrect for OpenOffice
>> Writer, no one has ever explained)
>
> I seem to recall someone mentioning search and replace being under
> threat of one of those foolish patents from some other application that
> first provided search and replace, according to them.

Interesting. I would think you could find all kinds of prier are for
search and replace.  Maybe not auto-correct, but there was search &
replace, and possibly a spell checker in Word Star for CP/M. The
spell checker would have been a separate module - everything was
broken down into modules because of memory limits. (It ran in less
then 64k of RAM.)

Mikkel