Re: Dell says all aboard for Linux PCs

taharka wrote:
Dell says all aboard for Linux PCs

By Stan Beer

Monday, 26 February 2007

PC maker Dell has announced that it has commenced a program that will
result in the sale and distribution of a range of computers with
pre-installed Linux distributions instead of Microsoft Windows. Dell has
indicated that Novell's Suse Linux will be first cab off the rank.

Full article at; http://www.itwire.com.au/content/view/9951/53/

Controlling the debate is a wonderful thing. Dell cherrypicked what to respond to, did not link to the actual site either on the Press Release or the article.

http://dellideastorm.com is the actual site, where this is currently #6:

''No OS Preloaded

submitted by agreer Feb 17

I have a XP Pro retail copy, will soon buy retail vista, I also like Linux: Make WINDOWS-FREE, and OS-Free an option for more than just expensive business lines...let me get that cheap-o $500 dimension without Windows...please! ''

That's one idea Dell "recommends Windows Vistaâ„¢ Business" don't want to give any oxygen to. And why would any news outlet rock the boat when their boat floats on Dell and Microsoft advertising dollars.

-Andy