Programs for Indexing documents and search via web

Wade Hampton wadehamptoniv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 18:02:39 UTC 2007

If you have a really large number of docs of different types (e.g.,
doc, word perfect, xls, OOo, text, etc.), the IBM/Yahoo omnifind is
great.  It is free and runs on Linux (part is not open source,
however).  The nice part is the ability to search and display
non-ASCII docs (it uses the commercial Stellent back end).

http://omnifind.ibm.yahoo.net/