Re: Kontact/kde-pim new problem

On Friday 16 February 2007 15:53, Olaf Mueller wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Olaf Mueller wrote:
> >> Yes, and the problem was caused by a new update of basket:
> >> Feb 15 01:19:34 Updated: basket.i386 1.0-1.fc6 (/var/log/yum.log)
> >>
> >> Delete or rename ~/.kde/share/apps/basket and
> >> ~/.kde/share/config/basketrc, that should solve the problem.
> >
> > I'm curious, how does basket interact with kontact?
>
> Basket could be selected as a component of kontact since basket version
> 0.6.0. See for more under http://basket.kde.org/, "What's New in
> 0.6.0?" -> Kontact Integration.
>
> It costs me an long hour to find out basket as causer for the crash of
> kontact and it was a real nightmare.

New info from the kde-pim list:

Matthew T. Gibbs wrote

I also had this problem, but I was able to work around by editing the file
~/.kde/share/config/kontactrc to include the line

kontact_basketpluginEnabled=false

under [Plugins].

HTH.  At least it means that anyone previously using basket would not need to
uninstall, while waiting for a fix.

Anne