FC6 epiphany weirdness

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Mon Jan 1 15:41:51 UTC 2007

Epiphany suddenly wouldn't launch. I got a notice on the panel for a
little while, then that went away.

I hit it with the big hammer : yum remove epiphany, followed immediately
by yum install epiphany epiphany-extensions. (It had removed the
extensions on the first command.)

It still won't launch.

I tried this :

[btth at localhost ~]$ epiphany &
[1] 2017
[btth at localhost ~]$
** (epiphany:2017): WARNING **: An error occured while calling remote
method:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked
the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Whussup? What should I do about it?

Fedora Core 6; CXO 5.0.1; Pine 4.64, Pan 0.119; Privoxy 3.0.3;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.16, Opera 9.02, Firefox 1.5