Getting people into Linux

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 02:52:03 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 13:02 -0800, Robert F. Chapman wrote:

> If a vested interest is the issue, charge the user $300.00 for the
> distro and put the money back into projects / marketing / support to
> improve Linux.  Redhat already does this, but it's market is directed
> toward SERVERS and not consumers.

Why not have a telephone supported version of Fedora for $300? I
couldn't take the dealing with the general public myself, but what would
stop anyone, especially a college student, from doing just that?? Great
idea! When you get rich, buy some infomercial space on cable and laud
the benefits of Linux, Fedora and your expertise. Just consumer issues,
Firefox OOo ethernet, dhcp for modems, as they would be better off
getting a contract with RedHat for commercial issues. (ie: they have
deep pockets if something $$$ blows up) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net