[OT] Sendmail Question

Dan Track dan.track at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 10:45:04 UTC 2007

On 1/4/07, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:
> Dan Track schrieb:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. Maybe if I explain what I'm doing it might help.
> > I've written this small mailer program that send mails to a number of
> > people, the config file contains live email addresses. What I'd like
> > to do is run the program on my desktop, and use my local sendmail to
> > accept the emails but then to delete or drop them. Bear in mind that
> > these are live email addresses so if they get out the people will be
> > rather annoyed.
> >
> > Let me know if I've not made myself clear
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> > Dan
>
> Add to your sendmail.mc
>
> LOCAL_CONFIG
> F{VirtHost}/etc/mail/virtual-domains
>
> while virtual-domains contains a line per domain
>
> domainA.tld
> domainB.tld
>
> In virtusertable add entries for the test user mail addresses pointing
> to an aliases entry, which itself looks like this
>
> blackhole: /dev/null
>
> Alexander
>
> --

HI All,

Many thanks for all your replies. Maybe if I list it in point format
it will be easier

1) I am using my desktop for testing this appication
2) I've got well over a 1000 emails in there, so I can't see the
virtusertable as an easy solution
3) I want sendmail to drop|delete ALL mails, I just wnat sendmail to
accept them then immediately drop| delete them without sending them on
4) There should be no bouncebacks as sendmail should not have sent any
mails out in the first place.

Thanks again
Dan