FC6 Notebook

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 14:34:18 UTC 2007

On 1/2/07, Gérard Milmeister <gemi at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 11:32 -0700, Robin Laing wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 01:36 +0100, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am going to acquire a new notebook.
> > > It should have adquate battery power. No high-end video card is needed,
> > > I think Intel 9xx should be enough. Other than that, some features such
> > > as card reader would be nice.
> > >
> > > I have a choice among the following brands:
> > > Acer
> > > Asus
> > > HP
> > > Toshiba
> > > Fujitsu
> > > Is there any model that is particularly suited for FC6?
> > > --
> > > Gérard Milmeister
> > > Langackerstrasse 49
> > > CH-8057 Zürich
> > >
> Currently I am looking at Asus and HP-Compaq notebooks.
> I don't need wide-screen and high-performance 3d graphics, but
> I like to have good build quality, and Dell doesn't deliver
> it (I still have a Dell Inspiron 3800, and while it did the job,
> it looks crappy). I read that ASUS are among the best (I am
> considering ASUS F2F). The HP-Compaq I am investigating are the
> nc6320 and nc6400. Any experiences with these?
> --

I'm using FC6 on an Asus Z92U (or A6000U depending which
documents/parts you look at). It came with a SiS graphics card which
IMO sucks under linux (no opengl), though other versions with the same
model number have different graphics cards. Otherwise, everything
"just works", even the ipw2200 wireless.

Regards,

Chris