Dual boots (MS Windows and Fedora) with 3 hard disks (2nd post)

McBroom, Robert C McBroomRC at oro.doe.gov
Fri Jan 5 15:35:46 UTC 2007

Looks like you're having a problem with mixing the two disk hardware
types.  I've had a similar problem with a mother board that had an early
ide 133 bus in addition to a ide 100 bus.  Try using the boot.ini in the
windows 2003 to boot your XP.
Here is a sample I use to boot multiple XP installs.  Note the line for
the sdb drive.  The quoted phrase is information for use when the boot
loader is active.

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP 3sda5
Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP 3sdb1
Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP 3sda3
Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

Robert McBroom