(fedora) yum be killing me, this is totally strange... totally

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 08:47:20 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 10:01 +0100, Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
> Ric wrote on 5-JAN-2007 09:57:14.91
>
> >[root at iam log]# rpm -qa |grep kmod-nvidia
> >kmod-nvidia-1.0.9631-1.2.6.18_1.2868.fc6
> >kmod-nvidia-1.0.9631-1.2.6.18_1.2869.fc6   <---- oh hell! Got TWO of
> >them installed!!
> This is just normal you need a NVIDIA-driver for each kernel you have
> installed. By default Fedora is configured to keep one "old" kernel
> installed on the system.

Right! I agree. But looky above there... both are the exact same version
and kernel release... exactly the same rpms, not two side-by-side ones
for different kernels. There would be differing kernel numbers right? Or
am I missing something? (which totally could happen!!) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net