Cryptic yum error? -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Jan 7 13:57:53 UTC 2007

Markku Kolkka wrote:
> Bob Goodwin kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai 07
> tammikuu 2007 12:43):
>
>> ++ Can anyone translate the following into plain English?
>>
>> GPG key retrieval failed: [Errno 5] OSError: [Errno 2] No such
>> file or directory: '/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/kde-redhat.RPM-GPG-KEY'
>>

> Your yum configuration claims that the GPG key for some
> repository (apparently kde-redhat) can be found in
> file /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/kde-redhat.RPM-GPG-KEY but that file is
> missing from your system.
>

>> ++ What must I exclude/repair to get past this?
>>

> Fetch the kde-redhat GPG key file and either place it in the file
> specified above or install it with "rpm --import".

I thank you sir, that was indeed what it wanted but I couldn't see it!

I googled for the key and installed it in the file and the update worked
with some more 'warnings' but seemed to go to completion.  Notice that
it imported a key this time?

Is there no place I can go to collect all the keys yum requires,
preferably as rpm's?

Bob Goodwin

    Transaction Summary
    Install     33 Package(s)
    Update      27 Package(s)
    Remove       0 Package(s)

    Total download size: 132 M
    Downloading Packages:
    warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
    ff6382fa
    Importing GPG key 0xFF6382FA "Rex Dieter
    (kde-redhat.sourceforge.net) <rexdieter at sourceforge.net>"
    warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
    e42d547b
    Importing GPG key 0xE42D547B "Matthias Saou (Thias)
    <matthias.saou at est.une.marmotte.net>"
    Running Transaction Test
    warning: Numeric-23.8-5.fc6.at: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key
    ID 66534c2b
    warning: libid3tag-0.15.1b-3.fc6.rf: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY,
    key ID 1aa78495
    Finished Transaction Test
    Transaction Test Succeeded
    Running Transaction
      Installing: libasound2                   ####################### [
    1/88]