How to display CLI output on another machine

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 02:52:59 UTC 2007

Nigel Henry wrote:
>> ssh -Y to B from A then fire up your KDE konsole and do your
>> work then you will have the information on B on the screen
>> on A and then paste it into your e-mail on A.
>
> I can see what you mean, and that process works ok, but what I'm looking for
> is a way to view whats already on machine B's Konsole from machine A.
>
> The example was. I'm working on machine B. With the Konsole I run apt-get
> update, then apt-get dist-upgrade. The upgrade runs to completion, and I'm
> left with a lot of text on Konsole. I have a query regarding the update, but
> my email client is on the other machine. If I close Konsole I lose the text,
> unless I save it as a .txt file. What I'm looking to do is keep machine B's
> Konsole open, and be able to access it from machine A, and in this way can
> paste the text from machine B's Konsole, which is now viewable on machine A,
> onto machine A's Kmail composer.
>
> Perhaps I'm asking too much.

You don't really need to view the text from machine A, you need to
paste it into a program running on A which is easy to do in another
window on B.   If you already have text you need to keep on two
different X screens there's not much you can do but copy it to a
file this time and have a better plan next time.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com