Network install of FC6, using CD1 of FC5. OK?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 10 06:39:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 18:13 -0800, Rob wrote:

> I have no CD burner available, but I do have the old
> installation CDs of FC5. So this is what I'd like to
> do:
>
> I use the 'askmethod' installation, to install via
> the network over http. For this I use the FC5 first
> CD, but give the http-link to the FC6 directory.

You'd want to download at least one of the ISOs used to install (you
could do the smaller rescue disc, or pick one of the image files from
the OS tree), copy that to a local hard drive partition, and play around
with a GRUB entry to boot from the image.  That would let you start a
network installation.

The exact plans for doing that have been written on this list not too
long ago, but I don't recall the thread.

I read messages from the public lists.