Running the OS in RAM

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 06:48:19 UTC 2007

On 09/01/07, Randy Grimshaw <rgrimsha at syr.edu> wrote:
> an FYI chime in that only belongs on a fedora list because it may serve
> as an example
>
> I have never seen the thing but Mandriva sells their OS on a 2GB flash
> http://www.mandriva.com/en/individuals/products/node_3482

People have installed Fedora on USB drives. I've seen it discussed
here on the list.

> gnewsense.org has a live CD / USB try and install feature, and they
> also have
> a simillar series of scripts for moving certain portions into memory.

Ah, those scripts are what is interesting. It'd be interesting to see
how they work on a hard-drive based install.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/question/how_can_i_be_safe_online.html
http://slashedot.org