Fedora 6 is not able to install in PIII, 256MB SD RAM, 1.3GHz

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Jan 11 14:43:58 UTC 2007

Just Do it wrote:

> Fedora 6 installation is not working in PIII, 256MB SD RAM(2 stick),
> 1.3GHz
>
> Each time I try to install it hang during the installation time...every
> time at different location....
>
> I try with all possible option available in fedora 6 I guess....still
> fails..
> Tried around 20 time or so...not kidding :-)
> Then I have to switch to Xubuntu..which working cool for me...
>
> Please help!!!

I doubt if this has anything to do with the amount of RAM.
I've met this problem with machines with much more RAM than that,
and succeeded with machines with 254MB RAM.

Anaconda is not a very good installer, in my opinion.
The authors have tried to be too clever.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366