Fedora 6 is not able to install in PIII, 256MB SD RAM, 1.3GHz

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 17:06:12 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 18:18 +0530, Just Do it wrote:
> Fedora 6 installation is not working in PIII, 256MB SD RAM(2 stick),
> 1.3GHz
>
> Each time I try to install it hang during the installation
> time...every time at different location....
>
> I try with all possible option available in fedora 6 I guess....still
> fails..
> Tried around 20 time or so...not kidding :-)

I used FC5 to install to a PIII. Used text mode for the install. It's
slower than hell. The INSTALL-HOWTO will point out that you really need
some horsepower under the hood for FC6. If it says that 256MB is
minimal, you'll get minimal, if at all. Especially if memory is shared
with video. Then, you really don't have 256MB of ram. You'll have
X-amount less.

It's got all 8 cylinders firing and the bleeding edge means hardware as
well as software. Putting lipstick on a pig is still a pig, no
disrespect to your machine intended. You may be better served with
Ubuntu in this situation. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net