Intel 2200 wireless on an Acer 3620 laptop

Tim Eisenhower tae1958 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 13 04:06:31 UTC 2007

I have tried every suggestion I could find on the Internet, but can't
get my Intel 2200 wireless to work on my Acer 3620 laptop.  The  system
can see the card. The network management shows good signal strenth, but
the wireless LED flashes slowly.  I receive a "failed, no link present"
error when trying to activate it.  When trying to connect, the
passphrase box just keeps returning after entering the correct
passphrase.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.