networking in parallels (NAT iptables related)

Hi,

For networking in parallels (guest os) there seem to be 2 options:

1) bridged (which I don't have a connection for)
2) host (which seems to only be for a connection to the host machine and
not outside networking)

I want my XP host (sorry for testing IE7 only you see) to use the FC6
connection.

any ideas how?

I saw this at
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Share-the-Internet-connection-from-the-command-line-34834.shtml

start------

For sharing the Internet connection, we'll use the iptables tool because
it can be found in all Linux distributions of all sizes and shapes.

If you just want to get the Internet connection up and running, enter
this two lines in a terminal:

echo “1” > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

but the echo command returns
bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument

I have vmware installed using NAT and the connection works fine so I am
wondering how to set that up on the FC6 box so hopefully parallels would
think it is a bridged connection.

Shawn