Can't mount DVD in DVD-ROM drive

I'm having trouble accessing a DVD-ROM drive from within KDE on FC6. My
machine consists of one CD-RW drive and a DVD-ROM drive. If I put a CD in
either drive, the disc is automatically mounted and an icon appears on the
desktop, but if I put a DVD into the drive nothing happens.

This is what /etc/fstab shows:

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                   ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot              /boot               ext3    defaults        1 2
devpts                   /dev/pts            devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
tmpfs                    /dev/shm            tmpfs   defaults        0 0
proc                     /proc               proc    defaults        0 0
sysfs                    /sys                sysfs   defaults        0 0