Re: how to use *.debuginfo rpms.

Around about 11/01/07 13:46, Pawel typed ...
I unfortunatelly did not find any information on how to use debuginfo
files for debugging purposes, that's why I decided to ask You.
... I set breakpoint at main() function in
/usr/src/debug/ethereal-0.10.14/tethereal.c. I am really surprised that I
can do it! Does it mean that fedora developers do not remove debug
symbols from /usr/sbin/tethereal, which in fact is an executable?

Pretty much everything's built with debug symbols (I don't understand your "even though it's an executable" query), but these are stripped out into the debuginfo RPMs.

So by default you can't debug/decode coredumps, but if you install that package's debuginfo RPM, you can. Usually.

--
[neil fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil fnx ~]# ls -l .signature