FC6: scim-tables-korean package has disappeared?

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 16 02:59:13 UTC 2007

Rob wrote:
> There seems to have been a package scim-tables-korean,
> but that's not there anymore for FC6. Any idea where
> it has gone?

Yes, it was excluded from our scim-tables packages along with
scim-tables-japanese some time ago since it was felt not really to be
useful.

> This package should support Korean hangul input,
> with hanja (the 'Korean' chinese characters).

If you want to try it, you can build the scim-tables srpm with it turned on.

> When scim-hangul is installed, there is some
> possibility to input hanja, but it seems to be not
> OK. So I wondered whether scim-tables-korean is
> needed to improve this.

Can you be more explicit about the problem you see with hanja
conversion?  If there is a problem it would be best to report in our
bugzilla under scim-hangul for Fedora Core 6.

Thanks, Jens