mplayer problem.

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Fri Jan 19 22:03:04 UTC 2007

I had the same problem.  It turns out that there is a copy of faad2 that
breaks mplayer.  I've heard that it came from a freshrpms repository,
but I'm sure that mine didn't.  How I got this problem on my pc remains
a mystery.

Anyway... the solution is to download an older copy of faad2, such as
this one...

http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/6/i386/faad2-2.0-19.20050131.lvn6.i386.rpm

and install it over the current with the following command

rpm -i --force faad2...rpm

I am saying this all from memory, so I might not have the details
exactly right, but that is the jist of it.

There are a couple threads on www.fedoraforum.org that discuss it.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.