x0vncserver HowTo

Jamie Bohr jamiebohr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 00:34:27 UTC 2007

Finally getting to this and am having difficulties.

If I read the man page on x11vnc it tells me to use -unixpw but it never
lists it as a valid option.   The FAQ locate
here<http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/#faq-userlogin>indicates that I
should run "x11vnc -unixpw -display WAIT:cmd=/tmp/display"
(where /tmp/display finds the current display name, script was copied from
the page mentioned above) but I get an error indicating -unixpw is not a
valid option, see below:

19/01/2007 17:19:38 x11vnc version: 0.8.2 lastmod: 2006-07-12
19/01/2007 17:19:38 initialize_screen: fb_depth/fb_bpp/fb_Bpl 24/32/2560
19/01/2007 17:19:38 *** unrecognized option(s) ***
19/01/2007 17:19:38     [1]  -unixpw
19/01/2007 17:19:38 For a list of options run: x11vnc -opts
19/01/2007 17:19:38 or for the full help: x11vnc -help

x11vnc -help mentions -unixpw as an option but does not state it as one.  Am
I missing something?  I am trying to run this at the command line so I can
test it.

Thank you for your help,
    Jamie Bohr

--