FC6 Blender and Nvidia drivers

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 05:44:32 UTC 2007

2007/1/20, Jonathan Berry <berryja at gmail.com>:
> On 1/19/07, Lonni J Friedman <netllama at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Actually there is nothing abnormal about it. In a lot of configs Xorg will start perfectly without any config file at all. It is the NVIDIA modules
> > > that require you to load GLX for the 3D stuff to work.
> >
> > And any other X driver which needs GLX support.
>
> Actually... well, I'm no expert, but I can tell you my experience :-).
>  3D, AIGLX, etc all work fine for me and this is my xorg.conf:
>
> # Xorg configuration created by pyxf86config
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier     "Default Layout"
>         Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
>         InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Files"
>         ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
>         ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
>         Driver      "kbd"
>         Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
>         Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>
> #       Option      "ModeValidation" "NoEdidDFPMaxSizeCheck"
>         Identifier  "Videocard0"
>         Driver      "nvidia"
>         Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>         Identifier "Screen0"
>         Device     "Videocard0"
>         DefaultDepth     24
>         SubSection "Display"
>                 Viewport   0 0
>                 Depth     24
>         EndSubSection
> EndSection
>
> No modules section.  I do notice that I have the line:
>        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
> in the "Files" section that Antonio did not have.  Perhaps he now has
> that and that is why it is working.  The xorg.conf file has gotten
> much smaller in recent times.  A change that is very welcome indeed.
>
> Jonathan
>
> --

My working xorg.conf file is now (too late last night to post it).Tnx everybody

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "single head configuration"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

    # generated from data in "/etc/sysconfig/mouse"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	ModelName    "Philips 107B(17inch/CM6800)"
 ### Comment all HorizSync and VertSync values to use DDC:
	HorizSync    30.0 - 69.0
	VertRefresh  50.0 - 130.0
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection