I have a corrupt FC6 rpmdb after a timed-out yum update; rpm --rebuilddb fails

Kenneth Wolcott kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 17:36:48 UTC 2007

Hi;

  I deleted the rpm db files.

  I then ran yum update again.

  Seems to go fine for quite awhile and then...
Running Transaction
^M  Updating  : libxml2                      ##################### [
1/719]rpmd
b: page 586: illegal page type or format
rpmdb: PANIC: Invalid argument
error: db4 error(-30977) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error,
run
database recovery
error: error(-30977) getting ")���^L]�[7m^F^A" records from Filemd5s index
rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30977) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error,
run
database recovery
error: error(-30977) getting "ĉ&1m��[7m^L^A:�[7m^A" records from Filemd5s
rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery

  What to do now?  Is libxml2 package corrupt?

  I have a 333MHz CPU, 230Mb RAM and 12gb disk -- I'm experimenting with the
entire FC6...is this too much FC6 for this machine? :-)

Thanks,
Ken

Thanks,
Ken