Disabling touchpad on laptop

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 20:37:00 UTC 2007

On 22/01/07, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> I'm not sure Dotan.  Its not being started from /etc/init.d, nothing in
> there.  Its an rpm for FC5, synaptics-0.14.4-2.1 according to an rpm -q
> synaptics.
>
> It installs itself into the kde control center, under
> peripherals->touchpad so it can be controlled & configured from there
> too.  There should be additional messages about it in the list archives,
> I generated some of them at the time, most of a year ago IIRC.  And I
> believe it must do a similar install on gnome too.
>
> For kde, its icon is on the task bar just left of the clock when its
> active.

Thanks. Now it's starting automatically (don't know what I did) but it
gives me this error:
Shared Memory is not accessible.
Please add the option 'UseShm ''true''' into the touch pad section of
/etc/X11/xorg.conf

All the options a re greyout out and unusable. I'll do like the error
suggests and then I'll report back.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/black_light.html
http://lahes.com