Ubuntu founder doesn't "get" enterprise Linux

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 19:02:16 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 09:53 -0500, taharka wrote:
> OK, that's not really true. Mark is a sharp guy, and gets open source as
> well, indeed, better, than most. But he's completely wrong on his
> criticism of Red Hat (which Greg of the Fedora Project shoots down). His
> basic point? Because RHEL is a closed binary, it's proprietary.
>
> Full article at,
> http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/01/ubuntu_founder.html

My intelligence just got insulted with that article there. So,
predictably I ranted. I pointed out that rule #1 in Marketing 101 is to
never openly attack your competitor. I have no clue how that man made
his money, it must have been purely by some act of fate or inheritance,
and not by good business skills. I might have decided to give Ubuntu a
whirl, but not now. "Ahh Heyal Nahhh", as we said in Texas. Ric
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net