Beryl on KDE not affecting anything

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 11:06:09 UTC 2007

I installed beryl as per the instructions at:
http://wiki.beryl-project.org/wiki/Install/Fedora_Core

i have also added the script to start it when I log in:
[dotancohen at localhost ~]$ cd .kde/Autostart/
[dotancohen at localhost Autostart]$ ls -l
total 8
-rwxrwxr-x 1 dotancohen dotancohen 27 ינו 26 12:46 beryl.sh
[dotancohen at localhost Autostart]$ cat beryl.sh
#! /bin/bash
beryl-manager
[dotancohen at localhost Autostart]$

However, it doesn't do anything! KDe is exactly as it was before. No
wobbly windows, etc. I've lookin in beryl-settings but I don't see
anything that would prevent it from functioning. What should I check?
We're having company come over this evening and I'd like for them to
see what Fedora is, with eye candy. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://dotancohen.com/eng/thunderstang.php
http://easyanswers.info