Thunderbird issues

Jeffrey Ross jeff at bubble.org
Sun Jan 28 14:34:20 UTC 2007

I use Thunderbird (1.5.0.9 - current version installed by yum) on a FC6
machine (x86_64) and I have 2 issues that maybe somebody has a solution
to these

1) I can't set a custom sound to play upon receiving mail, the default
"ding" works fine, and the wave file I want to use plays file with the
"play" command.  When playing the sound I just get screeching from the
speakers.

2) resizing the fields in the inbox also resized the fields in the sent
mailbox.  The issue is the I want to see the sender of the message in
the Inbox but I want to see the recipient in the sent mailbox.  Right
now I either have to resize every time I go into mailbox or leave both
fields expanded.

Suggestions?

TIA
Jeff