umount wonkiness

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Jan 29 23:04:37 UTC 2007

    I don't know if this ties in the string of NFS4 issues I've been
seeing lately, but here's my puzzle for the day:

    # mount -t nfs -o rw,hard,itnr storage:/storage /mnt/storage

    That works like a charm.  I can get into /mnt/storage and dive into
whatever folder I want to on there.  Now, let's try to unmount it:

    # umount /mnt/storage
    umount.nfs: storage:/storage: not found / mounted or server not
reachable
    umount.nfs: storage:/storage: not found / mounted or server not
reachable

    Um, what gives?  I can't unmount it.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6