Anyone using SUSPEND on a Linux Laptop?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 12:07:55 UTC 2007

On 30/01/07, clemens at dwf.com <clemens at dwf.com> wrote:
> I have read the cautions in SWSUSP and SUSPEND2, and wonder if
> anyone is actually using either of these on a Laptop?
>
> There seem to be so many caveats,
>     (a) stop devices before suspending, unload drivers
>     (b) USB wont be there when you come back
>     (c) and on and on.
>
> That I have to wonder how useful either of these actually is.
>
> If I were trying to put this on MY machine I would just do the experiments,
> but this is for a friends machine that I am setting up, and I would rather NOT
> install this stuff at all than give him something that would cause more grief
> than
> help.

I'm not sure if my FC6 Dell is going to Sleep or Suspend when I close
the lid, but either way it works. I've had no problems with it
whatsoever. USB works, wireless and wired connectivily works. No
problems.

Dotan Cohen

http://technology-sleuth.com/long_answer/how_can_i_be_safe_online.html
http://english-lyrics.com