Laptop gets heated up very early

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jul 1 00:17:43 UTC 2007

Goudar Vishwanathappa Manu wrote:
> Hello,
> I use Compaq Presario V3133AU which has AMD Turion 64bit processor
> with Nvidia C51 chipset. I run 64bit F7 and it gets heated up early.
> If I keep it on without running anything also it heats up and most of
> the time fan is running. Is this normal?
> I get the following output when I run
> $ cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/info
> processor id:            0
> acpi id:                 0
> bus mastering control:   yes
> power management:        no
> throttling control:      yes
> limit interface:         yes
>
> I am not understanding why power management is no.
> I will be thankful for your help.

If you are lucky, one of the many options to force acpi to be
functional. I used to have a problem with the cpufrequency and powernow
not working with smp kernels. It is fixed now for 32-bit. Maybe there is
a bug in the software.

No, the power management should be yes.

Can you find the cpu frequency applet ad slow down the cpu frequency
with the applet?

Jim

--
That would be because the software doesn't work.