Re: ALSA issue

Marcel Janssen wrote:
Hi,

After upgrading from FC6 to f7, my onboard soundcard (which is switched off in the BIOS) is detected by the kernel and the modules are loaded.
By itself not an issue, but the onboard card is now the default.

How can make sure that the modules for the onboard card are not loaded ?

regards,
Marcel

I believe you can blacklist the modules by adding them to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

blacklist module_name