is it safe to use non-fedora specific kernel on fedora?

Hallo Group Members.

I am going to test "the generic" kernel+the latest patch, not the one provided in rpm with fedora.

I have the following questions related to that:
SHould I expect any problems when using this kernel on fedora?
Does fedora add some features to fedora specific kernel contained in rpm package?

Regards,
Pawel.