F7: Howto monitoring a Hardware sata raid controller

Hi, I have a Server HP with this controller RAID:

00:1f.2 RAID bus controller: Intel Corporation 82801GR/GH (ICH7 Family)
SATA RAID Controller (rev 01)

I have configure the 2 disk in hardware RAID-1 mode (F7 can manage this
controller raid).

Fedora use this modules:
# cat /etc/modprobe.conf
alias eth0 tg3
alias eth1 tg3
alias scsi_hostadapter ahci
alias scsi_hostadapter1 ata_piix

All work great, but the disk (and controller) do not warn if a disk is
break (or hot-remove), until I reboot the server.

It's possible to monitoring the state of RAID controller via software?

Someone can point me on right way?

Many thanks...

--
Dario Lesca <d lesca solinos it>