Shutdown stalled on stopping eth0 when no network cable present.

I'm having a strange problem for which I havent found any help. When I
shutdown FC6 and there's no ethernet cable, shutdown stalls when it
tries to stop eth0. I have to manually power down. This happens at
home only where I have a wireless network.

Any clues as to whats happening? I'm not even sure what info to
include with this message...

--
cheers....
....sultan