Re: DVD Burner under kvm?

On 7/2/07, John Pierce <john j35 gmail com> wrote:
Hello!

First I would like to say that kvm under fedora 7 is outstanding, I
installed windows xp and gave it an ip address during the installation
and it just worked including samba shares.

Now, is it possible to get the vm to see my dvd burner like vmware
does.  Can I specify cdrom /dev/scd0?

Sure! At least if you use qemu-kvm directly, and not via virt-manager. Just include -cdrom /dev/scd0
among the command line options.

Andras