Re: mc

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:

Justin Zygmont wrote:
I was surprised to see that the midnight commander was not included in
FC7.  I can install it through yum, but I don't know why anyone would want
to remove a useful tool like that.

If you can install it via yum then it hasn't been removed.  It is just that
it wasn't initially installed.  What is the big deal?

no, I didn't see it anywhere in the list of packages, and its not on the ISO. I think either someone forgot to include it or, they're ready to save space and drop it from the distro.