Re: Selinux so badly corrupted machine can't start

At 8:58 PM -0400 7/3/07, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
>On 6/19/07, Tony Nelson <tonynelson georgeanelson com> wrote:
>> Again you state the obvious.  Do you know what happens if SELinux is in
>> enforcing mode when relabeling?
>
>Yes ... it relabels. I have done so many times ... especially during
>quick policy churns in Rawhide test releases.

You lead a sheltered life.  The problem is with volumes that have seriously
wrong labels, not with minor policy tweaks that are intended to be
forward-compatible.  Your experience is not relevent to the problem, which
you say you know nothing about.

>I'm sorry that my response trying to help was unhelpful. Please ignore
>me in the future rather than giving a rude response. However, it would
>be more preferable to give a thoughtful response that tries to bridge
>the difficult communication gap that arises from having discussions
>with limited context.

Better yet, when you don't know anything just don't offer wrong advice.  No
need to be another Karl.

>I have never had any problems with SELinux that have prevented
>booting. I also have never had any problems with SELinux
>autorelabelling with enforcing enabled.

Lucky you.