Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:55:31 UTC 2007

on 7/4/2007 2:29 AM, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 08:09:42 +0000 (UTC)
> Thufir <hawat.thufir at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 21:17:12 -0700, David Boles wrote:
>>

>>> I am not with Fedora but just a Fedora user for a long time. Fedora has
>>> said this has to do with USA laws *and* company policy to only provide
>>> FOSS. Which I think is a really goo thig.None of the third party sites
>>> that I, myself, know of are in the USA. You can read that as you wish.
>> Well, now I'm curious.  What possible US law could apply?  Aside from GPL
>> issues none come to mind.  Do you have more specific info?
>
> See 2600 Magazine v USA (the decision over linking to DeCSS)
>
> It's a common confusion that the US has "free speech". The US has "free
> political speech" (mostly) and the two are quite different.
>
> Alan

Thank you Alan. You said that much better than I could have ever done.

While you are here. Complements on the work on the kernels. They work just
great for me. I am sure that you see many more complaints than you see do
 a thank you. This *is* a thank you.

And I really need to try to do better proof reading when the grandkid rug
rats are underfoot before I hit <send>. ;-)
--

  David