[Fwd: F7: Howto monitoring a Hardware sata raid controller]

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 4 10:30:28 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 12:08 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:
> Hi, why I have not obtained answers to my message?
>
> I have perhaps offend someone?
> I have formulate the question bad? (my english is bad, sorry)
> It is OT for this list?
> In this ML none know about my question?
>
> This problem is a lot important for me ...
>
> Please someone can tell to me somethings ?
>
> Many thanks!

Hi, Dario,

I don't use RAID, so I cannot help you.  It may just be that no one has
the answer, or that they don't know the answer.  This list gets about
100 emails every day.  I generally read the ones I can help with and/or
have an interest in, but I am new as well, but there are experienced
folks here, and if they knew the answer, they would help you.  I think
you stated your needs quite well, and gave good information on your
controller and system, but there are some utilities already available to
monitor disks (I don't know about raid, though), and what you didn't say
was what you have read on the web or in the list forum.  If you have
searched the forum and not found the answer, then you might add those
references to your message.

Regards,
Les H