More FC6 update woes.

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 12:45:53 UTC 2007

On 04/07/07, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Michael Schwendt <mschwendt <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > $ diff -u FC-6/kdemultimedia-extras.spec F-7/kdemultimedia-extras.spec
>
> kdemultimedia-extras.spec isn't used at all, it's now a subpackage of
> kdemultimedia.

Uh? kdemultimedia-extras is in FE6. Digging a bit, I see for F7 and
newer it's obsolete, but not for FE6.

Further, the latest is: kdemultimedia-extras-3.5.6-5.fc6

And not what the OP is seeing: kdemultimedia-extras-3.5.7-1.fc6

Perhaps this is kde-redhat. And then the mass-updates theory applies.

> Also note that it has only been broken for 2 weeks for those who use
> updates-testing, the update only went to updates 1 week ago. So those who
> already had the breakage for 2 weeks deserve it.

Great attitude. NOT! Updates-testing is overrated. It is not known how
few users actually have it enabled. Most Fedora users want stable
updates, not broken stuff. Just for the record, I do have F7
updates-testing enabled, and I've reported breakage in the KDE 3.5.7
packages. But even with helper-scripts I would be overworked if I
needed to check for conflicts and similar problems with the constant
flow of updates. Seeing that some packagers still push
ABI-incompatible updates to "stable", that is a big joke, IMO.